- An Aspherical Lens and An ED Lens for a Superb Optical Performance
- MEGA O.I.S. - Panasonic's Advanced Hand-shake Correction Technology
- An Inner Focus Direct-drive Linear Motor for Focusing with Excellent Resolution and Contrast
- Contrast AF System Support
- Circular Aperture Diaphragm and Durable Metal Mounting
- Multi-coated Lens Elements That Reduce Ghosts and Flare
The LEICA DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm / F2.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. boasts a superb image quality with minimum distortion, chromatic aberrations as well as ghosts and flares that passes a stringent Leica standard to goes beyond their expectations. This lens system uses both an aspherical lens and an ED lens in its 14 lenses in 10 groups to realize outstanding compactness, taking advantage of the Micro Four Thirds standard to achieve dramatic downsizing while minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration.
It incorporates an inner focus direct-drive linear motor with 3 groups of floating structure for focusing, which enables excellent resolution and contrast without changing its overall length from full life-size magnification to infinity. The inclusion of stepping motor makes the focusing action smooth and silent for use in both photo and movie recording. The closest focusing distance can be instantly changed to 15 cm or 50 cm (0.5 ft to 1.64 ft) with the switch on the lens barrel according to the shooting opportunity.
Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. The LEICA DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm / F2.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. lens also features a highly reliable metal mount, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare to further enhance its optical performance.